Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Meet Ellie


My parents have owned horses since I was in high school. My mom loves them (and my dad is an animal lover all around). Today, the children and I were fortunate enough to be able to go out to her house when their newest love joined the family! Meet Ellie (don't mind her ungroomed-self...these pictures were taken just after she arrived and hadn't been brushed out!)!

Cowboy, Jasper, and Boone weren't sure what to think when she arrived...


We put her in the round pen...


 We all enjoyed getting to know her. She is sweet and gentle...








Riding bareback...



Look at her sweet face!



Madelyn...


 Xavier rode a couple times...


Jaxson...


They introduced Jasper (the pony) to her first. Jasper liked showing her that "he" was in charge...




My parents' beautiful home (wait till those trees out front blossom! It's gorgeous!!)...


I posted this to share with everyone...but my main purpose was to show Ellie to my nieces Eloise and Dinah! :) They don't live right near us so I wanted them to get to see her here until they get to town to visit!

I hope you enjoyed seeing photos of Ellie! I wish you could meet her in person...she is such a sweet thing! She'll get lots of love from all of us!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Warmly,
Katy

4 comments:

  1. What a sweetie Ellie is! She looks like such a gentle and loving horse and how lovely the children could cuddle and ride her a bit!
    I love horses so much and dream of having my own beautiful horse one day:)
    Blessings to you, Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That a beautiful addition to your family!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for stopping by at my blog, I have enjoyed looking through some of your posts, you have a wonderful blog. Yes it is a gift to be able to be at home, I loved that when I read it on your blog.
    I am adding you on to my blog list so I don't miss a post.
    Fondly Michelle

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy