Friday, December 19, 2014

"Give me the Love that leads the way...



...The Faith that nothing can dismay
The Hope no disappointments tire
The Passion that'll burn like fire
Let me not sink to be a clod
Make me Thy fuel, Flame of God"

~ Amy Carmichael


When my heart is heavy and I feel quite dismayed...along with Scripture and prayer, I find words of encouragement from Amy Carmichael to be quite comforting. Among the different books I am reading (it's quite impossible for me to just stay in one) is Candles in the Dark by Amy Carmichael.

"He hath never failed thee yet.
Never will His love forget.
O fret not thyself nor let
Thy heart be troubled,
Neither let it be afraid."

~ Amy Carmichael


Candles lit around my home, in the quiet of the evening, give me a sense of peace and comfort as well. During this busy deer season, Chris and the children are often helping at the meat market in the evenings. This leaves me a bit of quiet time to myself to work on my knitting. :)


Although we don't put up a tree or anything, if you were here, you *would* hear plenty of Christmas carols being played throughout our home...


The other day, the children worked all morning on making a Lego movie. It was a cute little film...they saved it to their computer but now can't find it..? I'm hoping they can find it so we can upload it to share with others. They put a lot of work into it.


In our co-op, Xavier is in a class that is called "Movie-Making". They love their teacher and have learned a lot! My three loved making their own movie picture-by-picture! Homeschooling is not all about books and learning facts. It's putting to use the skills and things you learn! :)



We've been keeping busy here in Western PA. Thankfully, not a lot of snow to report. Currently the ground is covered with a thin layer of the white stuff...but you can still see the grass popping through. It's as though it doesn't know whether to snow or rain out there. This can make for some icy road conditions. I fully intend on staying home today. We took the day off from schooling and have focused on some housework, gift wrapping and knitting (and playing for the kiddos). I am looking forward to getting some more knitting done and maybe a *nap*! Yippee!

Thanks for stopping by! I always appreciate it!
With Warmth and Kindness,
Katy

5 comments:

  1. I hope they find that movie! I'd like to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am new to your blog. I have been blessed by reading it. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yhanks for this cozy blog! Thanks for that beautiful poems. I never read them before. Very special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a lovely post, Katy!
    funny thing, last night I was afraid after a bad dream,
    that has not happened in a long time
    thank you for sharing, i will write the quotes down.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy