Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas Memories 2014 Part 2

Christmas morning at our house...



We don't have a fireplace...so we had to improvise...



Chris got to open the first gift...


It was a blanket I had made with pictures of our family on it! He loved it!


Before the children could open any gifts...*I* had to open one from Chris. He bought me a new camera! It is fantastic and I am so excited to have it! So all the previous pictures in this post are from my older camera and the following were taken with my new camera...



Madelyn has wanted the movie "The Princess Bride" for a long time. I thought she would be quite happy to receive it for Christmas....and I was right!


The pictures are a bit blurry because I am not a fan of the flash.


Xavier got Madelyn a bear...



For this photo, I used the flash...



We had Christmas brunch at my parents' house...



We don't do stockings at home...so my mom (who made each of the children a stocking) enjoys filling them up for the kids...



Jaxson wanted a Kazoo (after seeing Tim Hawkins playing one in a comedy video) and he got one!


Xavier got one too!





Christmas evening was spent eating and in fellowship with Chris's dad's extended family. I don't have permission to post a bunch of photos from that side of the family so I am careful about what I post. The boys got to play a bit to entertain...


My beautiful Madelyn was there too!


Chris and me...


Madelyn played while some of the men-folk sang along (here with Madelyn is Chris's brother and uncle!)!


It was a busy but enjoyable day! I was quite thrilled, though, as I got to take a nap! Yay! Friday (which I keep thinking is Monday) is going to be a day of cleaning and getting things back in order 'round here! We may even do a bit of schoolwork...we'll see how it goes! ;) If you missed the Part 1 of our Christmas Memories, you can see them HERE!

Along with the new camera, Chris got me (as he does every year) a new pair of slippers (which are soft and fabulous!). He also gave me a beautiful card. He wrote "Proverbs 31:29" on the card. Although I have read it many times, I must admit I don't have it memorized so I had to look it up. Instead of telling you what it is...I'll let you look it up too (if you want to). Nothing could have blessed me more than that verse he left me. My cup runneth over!

Cheerfully,
Katy

15 comments:

  1. What wonderful pictures and memories to treasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you, so much, for visiting!!! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Mrs. G!!! So glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Annie! :) I hope your week is enjoyable!

      Delete
  4. Great pictures Katy; all of them. (: That blanket is something else - what a great gift! Is that a picture of Madelyn on your parents' Christmas tree (angel topper) - - pretty sweet / clever! Thanks for sharing your holiday with us. (:
    By the way, did you receive my e-mail a while back?

    Cordially,

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mitzi!!! The angel on the tree is actually my sister when she was young! :)

      No, I never received an email from you...? I knew you were planning on sending one so I kept an eye out...?

      Delete
    2. Huh.... (?) It looked like it sent from my end. It's kind of lengthy (somewhat embarrassing when I re-read it), but I'll try again. I guess if all else fails, I can make myself get a snail mail delivery to you. (; I had also sent some pictures with the e-mail; maybe that had something to do with the delivery. (who knows.... this computer has some issues). I'll touch base with you....

      Also, so sweet of Chris to put what he did in your card. I looked it up too. (: That gift would have made my day as well! A lot of times a simple card / note from the heart are the BEST gifts! I hope you're having a nice Sunday afternoon. "Talk" to ya soon hopefully. (;

      Cordially,

      Mitzi

      Delete
    3. I still havent received anything...? Are you putting "the" in front of country blossom? thecountryblossom@hotmail.com

      And oh my, never ever do you need to feel embarrassed with me! :)

      Delete
  5. Hello Katy,

    I've been away from blogging for a couple months and today I had an opportunity to stop by for a quick visit. I have been quite blessed by the post of you and your family enjoying the Thanksgiving & Christmas holidays.
    You have a knack for blessing me through your blog.
    Blessings to you and yours,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by...and for your super-kind words!!! Hope you had great holiday celebrations with your family!

      Delete
  6. Haha, Katy! We use the Netflix fireplace too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! I think that's a great thing they offer! :) I love the sight and sound of a crackling fireplace!

      Delete
  7. What a blessing to have had such lovely family times over the Christmas season. The Lord is so good to us, isn't He? Hugs to you! Camille

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy