Wednesday, January 25, 2012

~ A Bit of This & That~

 Good morning! I am quite chipper today...since I am an early bird (usually up around 4:30am, naturally...which to some may seem like a curse, but to me is a few hours of enjoyable quiet) I decided to start working out with a cardio video. I began today (already knowing I am out of shape...but realizing how *much* so as I got tired during the warm-up!) and whew! I feel great...except the fact that my legs feel like spaghetti noodles! ;) After the cool down (which I have truly decided is my favorite part of the whole routine) I jumped in the shower. Now, here I sit in my denim skirt and organish-pink colored top and my cozy slippers...feeling rejuvenated and ready to start the day! The children are waking up slowly but surely...getting ready to start their chores and have some tummy-filling breakfast.

This will be a quick-sort-of post...as I am ready to tackle schooling and housework. Later, my nephew is coming over to play for a bit...which the children look forward to. I have crocheting to do, as Jaxson has his request in for a pair of slippers now. (I finished Chris's slippers the other night and they fit him to a *T*!) As well as spending time in my Bible daily, I am also in the midst of reading THIS book from Kim Riddlebarger. So there are many things to fill my day...thus the reason for a quicker-sort-of post (although, as chatty as I seem to be, it's not as *quick* as I intended!).

Did you know that Huckleberry Fin lives at my house? Yup, he does. He's a grand fella, I tell you! I know, you wish he lived at *your* house...




Around the house the past few days...

Candles lit in the kitchen...


And the dining room...


I was cleaning this past Saturday (like I posted photos of HERE) and moved a through things around and did a little organizing in the schoolroom. A comfy spot to read...


One of the *many* bookshelves...


The chore chart (which I made and posted about HERE)...


I've been baking and cooking each day (I know what you may be thinking...doesn't match with my exercise plan, does it?). Although these soft pretzels don't look exactly pretty...they did taste good! You can find the recipe for them HERE...


Hashbrown casserole (to go along with eggs for supper one evening)...


And finally, before I go...a picture of my Christopher (He makes my heart go pitter-pat...those soft, green eyes of his hold so much warmth and love. He wraps me in them daily. I think if it were possible for a person to melt, I would be a puddle everytime he looked at me.) and me...


Okay...I really must go...a day to be lived awaits me!
You have a *great* Wednesday!

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied,
Katy

12 comments:

  1. Love the picture of you and Chris. You look like newlyweds!
    Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post Katy...Have a beautiful day! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can almost hear the joy in your voice this morning Katy, I have to say that's it's contagious! Thank for posting this morning, I love reading your blog. Hope you have a wonderful, fun filled day with your beautiful children. Blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a happy post. Thanks so much for cheering up my day. I know what you mean about your heart going pitter patter, my Hubby still has that same effect on me too. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on the work outs. I admire you for doing it especially at time of morning. I know how you feel I felt the same way every time I looked in my husbands eyes. Great picture of you two.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on working out!! I know it isn't easy. I have been doing the Wii Fit four or more days a week. I find it is better for me to do it in the morning. Keep it up!

    Have a great Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job working out!! I'm sure the pretzels were delicious indeed!! All the things you cook and bale look yummy:) And the picture of the two of you is so sweet! You DO look like newlyweds just as one commenter has already said:) You're right his eyes do look kind and gentle. You're a blessed lady! Hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your home looks so wonderful and the bakings look delicious. Good luck on the workout. It is really hard to start up again. I know. I have started walking and ballroom dancing with my husband again and this is very hard in the beginning, but so much fun and a great thing to share together !!
    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a hard thing to be consistent with exercising. We've been trying to do it together as a family (well Jason, Joy & me) every evening upstairs. So far, so good. It does make you feel better, doesn't it?

    Your home looks cozy as usual and you could send Huckleberry Finn over.....he'd fit in over here! :)

    Cute picture of you and Chris!

    Have a great day, Katy!

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet photo of you and your beloved. I must say that Huckleberry Fin is a handsome young gent.:) We love hashbrown casserole. I'm fixing it for our house guests who are coming from Washington, D.C. Not very diet friendly but oh so yummy!Have a blessed day.

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love making soft pretzels too - there is a Mr. Roger's video we have that has a pretzel making segment, and my son has watched it so many times that he now "play acts" making pretzels with play-doh and dipping them in baking soda water. I finally decided to start making real pretzels with them - maybe he can earn his way to college one day by selling them later on :)).

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy