Monday, January 16, 2012

Jan*u*ary...


After many *unusually* mild days (weeks, actually) we have now been hit with *cold* weather...so much so that the outdoor wood stove (as well as Chris and myself) has been working extra hard. It can be exhausting, keeping up with it (as staying inside, warm and snug is *much* more appealing on days of freezing temperatures)...but it's worth it. It saves us so much money each month...as our gas bill is not nearly as high as it once was! 

When time allows (although schooling and housework keep me quite busy) along with reading my Bible (truly, the best Bible I have ever owned...fantastic, really!)...I have also been working on a knitting project and crocheting dish cloths...


The boys received Lego kits as gifts, this year, from family. Chris and I spent time, last evening, helping them put them together (although they didn't need much help at all!)...





Xavier put together *many* fun little vehicles...a plane, a helicopter and a car (one of the cars below was one Jaxson built)...


I also worked on school plans for this week. If you, perhaps, are new to my blog...let me share with you something that will become apparent in most of my writings...I am a *huge* homeschooling advocate! It is a passion of mine, truly (actually...*family* is my passion...and how to care for, love and nurture them properly. Homeschooling is woven right into that!). :) If it may be something you are interested in...I am happy to help in any way I can! Blogger has added a feature that I am now using on my blog...when you leave a comment, I can reply directly *to* your comment, right in the thread....rather than at the bottom of all the comments! You may also feel free to email me (link in the left sidebar), as I love hearing from you!


The children got a new game to play!


'Round about here at home...







Today, the children and I watched the daughter and toddler twins of friends of ours. It was a busy, busy day! It's now nearing evening and the children are working on schoolwork and I am getting ready to put supper in the oven (stuffed chicken breasts). After a busy day of chasing babies and lots of housework...I am plum tuckered out. :) I am hoping, after supper is finished and cleaned up, to enjoy some time in God's Word and then head to bed early!

Thank you, everyone, for your kind thoughts, prayers and encouraging words for Xavier. His eye has healed nicely and he's pretty much back to "normal". God has truly created the eye to be a magnificent thing...not only the marvelous functions that it does...but also the way it heals so quickly! Such a blessing considering how important our eyes are! :)

I gotta get supper in the oven! Have a great evening!


Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied,
Katy

14 comments:

  1. would you consider blogging what you use for school.i have homeschooled for three years now and still havent found the right materials.i have become discouraged but i know homeschooling is the right option for our family to get closer to each other and to god.im researching all options again and am completely overwhelmed.thanks and you are such an encouragement as a wife and mother

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We use Christian Light Education. You can find it here: http://www.clp.org/christian_light_education

      We use our income tax return to by our school materials...However, there are many ways to homeschool cheaper. It is definitely something to google as there are soo many sites out there with wonderful suggestions!

      You may find this page I did helpful: http://countryblossom.blogspot.com/p/helpful-home-education-links.html

      Kindly,
      Katy

      Delete
  2. Any ideas on homeschool materials that dont break the bank.It seems that many of the options out there are very expensive.Especially for a household with only one income.thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! We only have one income as well....I hope I answered your question with the reply above...I hope that helps! :)

      Kindly,
      Katy

      Delete
  3. Beautiful post Katy! I love the pics of your home, it seems so warm and welcoming! Hope y'all are staying warm and cozy :) Many blessings to you and your family!

    Mrs. Tucker

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy,
    We use Christian Light as well...not sure I like the science, though. Do you use it for all subjects?
    Blessings,
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jamie :)

      I am not fond of the Science either. I use apologia for science...this year we are doing astronomy. :) We are also using a PA History book (an old one from the public school) to do our history this year! :)

      Delete
  5. Glad about X's eye!

    I am passionate about home education as well! It's such a blessing!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. my gracious.

    the sweet corners of your home are so simple and cozy.

    a nice little refuge from the the cold...yes!

    we have an outdoor woodstove too and there is nothing like it:)!!!

    {love that first photo}

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad to hear that X is doing well!

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love pictures from your home it's beautiful..it truly warms my heart...I feel your giving me a personal tour:) I also stopped by to to mention that I linked to your blog from mine because we just started your idea of the chore chart...Thanks again for sharing another great idea...seems to be a big hit with the kids so far!!! Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful dish cloths...
    Poor baby, glad his eye is healing..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I missed out on what happened to Xavier, but glad his eye is better!

    Legos and boys just go together, don't they?

    It has turned colder here also. So nice that you have the wood stove for warmth. :)

    Have a great rest of the week, Katy!


    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy