Sunday, January 1, 2012

"Glory to God in highest heaven...."

 ...Who unto man His Son hath given;
While angels sing with tender mirth,
A glad new year to all the earth."

~Martin Luther

My treasured family and I stayed home...to enjoy a fun, joy-filled New Year's Eve together! This was the first year Chris and I were letting the children stay up until midnight. We had snacks and played games...


We all had so much fun!


Team Daddy-X had to discuss their strategy...


Team Mama-Jax...


We had icecream...


...and watched a movie...



The children were full of energy...mama was not. I fell asleep in the chair around 10 pm...my eyelids were so heavy, I just couldn't keep them up! I awoke an hour later....Chris and the children talking, giggling, laughing and playing the Wii (a *winter-time only* thing in our house)...and I knew I couldn't make it until midnight...I still had an hour to go! Apologizing profusely, I retreated, got ready for bed and then tucked myself under my warm fleece-y blankets and quilts. I think I was asleep before my head rested on my pillow!


When I awoke, early this morning, I figured Chris would be beside me and the children would all be in their beds. However, Chris *wasn't* beside me in bed...and upon coming downstairs...I found all my sweeties got tuckered out too...




I need to, soon, rouse all my loves. We need to get ready for church (which will be followed by a family get-together). They are all sleeping so peacefully though...so I am going to let them do so for as long as I can. :) I hope you and your loved ones had a wonderful New Year's Eve and a joy-filled day, today!


We meet today
To thank Thee for the era done,
And Thee for the opening one.
~John Greenleaf Whittier

**And...I just have to add...this is my 1000th post! Wow!**

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied,
Katy

15 comments:

  1. Your evening looks much like ours. With the exception of trying to stay up until midnight! We were all tucked soundly in bed well before then. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun family evening! We had a family night too, we usually do, with a few friends. We talked ate, watched a movie, talked some more, toasted the new year a bit early, tucked the littles into bed, watched the ball drop and went to bed...

    Have a wonderful new year! I need to get ready for church now!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy,

    Love all the sleeping pictures. I bet the children had a blast. Happy New Year.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. how fun for you all..
    May the New Year for a happy one for us all..
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katy, I have really enjoyed reading your blog this last year and look forward to reading it in the future! it looks like ya'll had a great time last night. I too, with my to bed with the chickens and up with the chickens schedule, tuckered out well before midnight lol Hope you and yours have a wonderful day today! Many blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They must have had a very good time! I didn't stay up, I was sleepy and because of my strict doctor's orders...rest! James went to bed early too!
    Hope your 2012 a productive one!
    All The Best,
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katy,

    Sounds like you had a fun evening. We watched Happy New Year's Charlie Brown with the younger kids and then watched Fireproof with the older ones. Our rule is that you can stay up until 12 on New Years Eve when you are 12. However, since it was a church night, none of us did!

    Back to Home-school tomorrow! Yay!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your 1000th blog. I've enjoyed every minute. New Year Blessings being sent from over the seas.
    Blessings Gail

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely way to spend New Year's Eve! We didn't make it to midnight either - this little Mamma was tired from all the Christmas hype!
    Blessings for the new year to you Katy and your beautiful family. xx Corinne

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats on the 1000 post. Love the photos. I was with you. New years? It is still new years if I am in bed at 9 pm. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year to you and your family! I've written (something nice!) about you on my blog today. I hope it's OK!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  13. We tried to stay up! We are normally an early to bed, early to rise kind of family! So we made it til 9:22 before kiddos were drifting off to bed, all on their own. I was in bed by 10:30 my two teens managed to watch the ball drop.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Katy!

    Just wanted to drop in to say Happy 2012!! Hope you guys have many, many blessings this year too. (: Can't believe how fast the time just flies by... have enjoyed your blog since 2009. Thanks for all you share in your sweet, God - filled life! (:

    Take care!

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy