Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Bit of a Boo-Boo


Any paper items we have that need to be disposed of, we burn....including boxes. The children love to raid the pile of *items-to-burn* and use scissors, yarn, tape and markers to make things for themselves....helmets, swords, shields etc. This afternoon, Xavier was doing just that. During his bit of crafting, somehow his scissors met up with his eye.

After calling the eye doctor (who, thankfully could get us right in), we found that he scratched his cornea. After putting drops in his eyes, the eye doctor made him this patch (we went to see Chris and my parents at my dad's garage afterwards and my mom drew the picture on it!). He has to wear it all tonight and tomorrow until we go in to the eye doctor's office again to check it. It *should* (thankfully) heal completely!

I tell him he's my little pirate for a day! ;) He's a bit embarrassed that he cut his own eye with scissors...but I told him accidents happen. This helps all of my children to understand why I tell them to *be careful* whenever they are using scissors or knives.



He is now resting comfortably in a chair in the living room...watching a movie (Heidi) with his brother and sister...


When I was young, one of my nicknames (before it became *cool*) was Boo-Boo...given by my aunt...I believe because I was a surprise pregnancy for my parents and then decided to enter the world 2 weeks later than expected! ;) I am thinking this nickname just may need to pass on to my eldest son...! I am grateful to God that X's injury is not more serious than it could have been. His vision is off a smidge...but like I said earlier, it should heal just fine. He has a bit of pain...but thankfully, not too bad. The eye doctor was surprised that X wasn't crying out in pain while at the dr's office!
All praise be to God...Almighty Healer, Comforter, & Protector! 


Under His wings I am safely abiding,
Tho the night deepens and tempests are wild;
Still I can trust Him-- I know He will keep me,
He has redeemed me and I am His child.

Under His wings, what a refuge in sorrow!
How the heart yearningly turns to His rest!
Often when earth has no balm for my healing,
There I find comfort and there I am blest.

Under His wings, O what precious enjoyment!
There will I hide till life's trials are o'er;
Sheltered, protected, no evil can harm me,
Resting in Jesus I'm safe evermore.

Under His wings, under His wings,
Who from His love can sever?
Under His wings, my soul shall abide,
Safely abide forever.
   —William O. Cushing



Please, keep my niece in your prayers as well....you can read why HERE.
Thank you!
Warm wishes for your weekend ahead!

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied,
Katy

12 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord that he is okay--it could have been much worse. I know you are grateful. I love his patch! I have been trying to get to your sister's blog to find out about Eloise and it will not open for me. I have tried on two computers. I pray that she is okay.
    Love,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just feel like crying for your little fellow. Lifting the little one up in prayer. I can imagine how your heart must have sunk when this happened. I once had to take my oldest to the ER for stitches. He sliced open his leg on the tin roof of the kitty house. I held it together but felt so sick. As he was released it all hit me & I passed out. I had to stay in the ER for awhile. I believe a Mother can feel their childs pain in her heart. I am lifting you in prayer too. Tell Gram thats a cool eyepatch. Blessings!
    Lara
    a

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Katy. I am so thankful that it is not more serious! Praise the Lord!

    Tell him that I think his pirate patch looks awesome!

    Praying that all will be fine with El and with X!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello sweet Katy, I am so glad your little guy is ok. I pray the doc visit goes good tomorrow. That is so scary. Praise God for his omnipresence, and graciousness. Grandma made the patch so cute. She has to be a cool gma! I left note and praying for squeezle. As always, I love the poem you added. Hugs, Angelia in Tx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad its not more serious! He makes one cute pirate though...gotta give him credit for that!!:):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just discovered your blog and I am really enjoying it! Glad your little guy is going to be okay. Wounds involving the eyes are so scary. I will be praying for your niece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my! You must have been a bit scared yourself! So glad Xavier wasn't more seriously injured. Praying for your family today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad he was able to get the patch off... wish I could've seen it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That must have been a scary experience...but I'm happy he is okay. Take care my little friend. Wishing you and the family a nice weekend! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katy~ So happy to hear X is feeling better. Sometimes it is very hard and scary to be a mom isn't it? Blessings to you my friend, Joann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a brave little pirate !!! I hope he will be ok soon !!
    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. X you look awesome! Such a brave fellow you are. Be well soon!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy