Friday, August 27, 2010

A photograph is like the recipe --

-- a memory the finished dish. ~ Carrie Latet

Today...I am sharing some pictures that have been taken over the past couple of days. :) Enjoy!

Madelyn, reading out on the swing...


Dishes washed and drying...

Corners of the dining room...


Warm, homemade bread for supper...

Supper cooking...(Ham, mashed potatoes, corn from the garden and homemade bread!)...

The table set and ready for supper...

Daddy and Jaxson...reading together before supper is ready!

Little town on the shelf...

Candles lit throughout the house...creating beautiful smells and atmosphere in each room!


Miss Madelyn showing her newly bought, from the thrift store, sweater! **It was only 99 cents! Isn't it beautiful??? :)

Working on schoolwork...

Knitting by lamplight...

Finished dishcloth...

Many of you may remember the infant hat I made and posted about HERE. Well, while at the baby shower, another guest saw it and asked if I would make each of her twin girls one...one in pink and another in purple. I smiled and happily said I would. I finished the first one, today...

Her baby girls are a lil bit older so I adjusted the size, a bit. If you are interested in making a hat like this...HERE is the link to the pattern! :)

Many of you asked me about the spaghetti sauce recipe I am going to use when making sauce this year...I will be happy to post it...but first, I want to get permission from my sister-in-love since it is her grandmother's recipe! :)

I hope you enjoyed the pictures. I know that I love to see pictures of people's lives and homes and enjoy sharing some of mine, as well. :) I hope you all have an absolutely lovely weekend!

Warmly,
Katy :)

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee,
and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
~Numbers 6:24-26

15 comments:

  1. Everything looks so cozy and inviting, I'd like to slice me up some of that bread, YUMMY!!!! Love the baby hats too, very cute;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sauce recipe would be great. Your dinning room is so homey. Since it has cooled off here I have got the items needed to make more of that yummy bread you shared. Yours looks good. Madelyns sweater looks great on her. I used to have checkered wallpaper in my hall like yours. It is so pretty. Have a nice weekend. Blessings to you & yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just become a follower. Your home looks very warm and inviting. I too put Christ first and the rest just all seems to fall into place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such lovely pics..wow, the sweater was a great find...
    love the dish cloth and oh man, love the baby hat..
    you do great work..
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dishcloth is too cute! Love the heart in the middle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cozy so inviting so PEACEFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful homey pictures Katy! Love your knitted hats too, like little pixie hats, so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the candle holder on your kitchen counter. Pretty! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pictures are so beautiful. Loved the tour and the sweater - excellent find.
    Farmer

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katy, your home looks so warm and inviting I love seeing pics of it.

    Your Madelyn scored a beautiful sweater and I absolutely love the baby hats so cute. Our local hospital has ladies making hats like this for the babies in NICU and I absolutely loved them. They also had started when my daughter was born giving them to all newborns I still have hers. Great work on yours and your dishcloth. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blog always makes me feel such peace and tranquility. It is such a blessing : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. great deal on that nice sweater for mad!

    nice hat, jax!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoyed the pictures, thanks for sharing...everything looks cozy. Your bread looks great...I need to make some myself..sad to say its been awhile since I have made any. Have a great weekend.
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely home. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Katy,

    I love visiting your blog...your house is precious! I love that whole primitive/country decorating style...I have a very similar style in my own home. I think we'd be great friends in real life. Have a blessed day,

    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy