Monday, August 2, 2010

Oh, so much to share....

...and such a small amount of time to do it in!

Although it would be better for me, probably, to split this post into a few posts, over time...the fact is that things are just getting busier by the day and I want to quickly share what I can, when I can! ;)

Right now, I have a cast iron skillet seasoning in the oven and bread rising in the kitchen. Clothes are on the line and I have some needing folded and put away, as well! I have been receipting taxes a lot lately...as our fall ones are coming in, by the dozen (it seems)! We also have started our school year...so I need to make good use of each hour of the day I get...because once it is gone, it's gone. :)

The two older children had dentist appointments last week. We go to a wonderful pediatric dentist, about an hours drive away. On the way home, I had on the AC in the van...and Madelyn told me she was cold. I turned the AC off in the rear but, apparently, she was still chilly...because the next thing I hear is the sound of rustling newspapers and I look in my rearview to see that my daughter was using newspaper as a blanket! **Note to self: Keep blanket in the van in case of long trips!** Soon, they both were out, snoozing away into dreamland...I must admit that it was the middle of the afternoon and I was wishing *I* was still young. I remember trips with my parents. It was a 2 hour drive to my Grandpop and Grammie's house. My sister and I would sit in the back of the car and play the license plate game or do a window scavenger hunt that our mom had made for us...and then, when our eyelids would start to get heavy and sleep started setting in, we could let those eyelids fall and drift off to sleep! As an adult, we don't get that luxury anymore...although I do so love looking at houses, landscapes, farms and fields as I drive along. So, I suppose, I traded a love of dreaming for a love of seeing! ;)

Chris has started hanging the insulation up on the house! This picture was the *process*...but the side is much more *pink* now! ;) Soon, the siding will be going up! I am really excited! Our home will be so cozy and comfortable this winter! I am so thankful how the Lord always provides. He is always so good to us.


Stu and Fitty are doing well. Because my lil girl, Stu, stays around and is dog-like...we can let her out to eat the grass in the yard when we are outside. Fitty gets awful frustrated about that...but we can't just let her out...it's such an adventure getting her to go back *in* the pen. We tried to put a collar on her...so then we could tie her out in the yard and she could eat grass to her heart's content...however, she will have *none* of that. She simply refuses to let us put a collar on her. So *in* she must stay...even if she *does* look at me with those big, sweet eyes!

The children have been enjoying the cooler weather...still warm, but not dreadfully *hot* like some previous weeks.

The boys in their *dirt pile*...

One of the chickens...doing a little evening *free-ranging*...

Miss Madelyn...

Ja-Ja-Jaxson...

X-man...

Madelyn, getting some water for the sheep...

The littles have also enjoyed riding bikes and scooters at the basketball court out back. (Madelyn *does* have a bigger bike...I guess she just wanted to take a cruise on Jaxson's!)

A boy and his tractor...


And as I mentioned above, we started our schooling for the year! X had been so excited over the weekend...but this morning, he was less than enthusiastic about it. Once he starts really learning lots of fun, new things, I think he *will* be excited to continue!

Madelyn started well today...we are all still getting used to the methods and routines of the CLE curriculum! So far, so good! :)

Jaxson did some work of his own, in other workbooks we have. :) I plan to keep his learning very flexible and fun!

And...can't you just see the excitement Xavier has? ;)
Honestly, he isn't much of a morning person. He likes a little extra sleep. If his body needs that, I am okay with it. Chris is the same way. Jaxson, Madelyn and I are the early birds!

Because this curriculum is still new to us, it's hard for me to answer Madelyn and Jaxson's questions and still give Xavier the proper attention he needs for his work. So, I am thinking of a plan to work with each of them, at different times. That's what I love about home educating our children...there is such flexibility and the chance to give each of my children the individual attention they need! :)

I finished my last Basic Sign Language class, last week. It went well and I learned a lot. I am not sure if I will enroll in the Intermediate class, or not. I hope to...but we will see!

Well...I have been on here, longer than I expected so I really need to run. I hope your days are being enjoyed to their fullest (and if they aren't...figure out why they aren't...pray about it and do some tweaking!). Thanks for visiting and hopefully, I will be able to post again soon.

Cheerfully,
Katy :)

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee,
and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
~Numbers 6:24-26

16 comments:

  1. so funny about mads and the newspaper! i'd prob do the same thing though!

    glad schooling got off to a good start! hope you get in the groove!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your post! The newspaper cracked me up! Kids are too funny!! :) Awesom that your are already starting schooling! I'm looking forward to it as well very soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog. I couldn't believe how much we have in common. i also do my house in primitive things it makes the house so cozy. I live in Indiana. I also bake bread and hang out my laundry. I have had some people laugh at me for that but I love being at home. I sw that you make dish cloths. Do you ever make any for people? If so how much do you charge. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also homeschool my children. I might try CLE, this year. I have been using ACE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for sharin. Always great to see and hear abut your day. Things are super crazy here:) Enrolling the boys, (my baby goes to bnig school in Kindergarden, and one in 4th) my older boy in first year highschool(yikes) , and i am gonna try my 7th grade daughter in homeschool. I am so nervous! Although it is a state run program, i am really looking forward to teaching her homemaking skills, and having daily devotionals and things with her. I am praying for your days, and i know you will pray for mine. Christina

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was wonderful reading your post, Katy. You always have so many interesting things going on. What an inspiration you are.

    BTW, the pics of your kids are fantastic. You have so much to be proud of.

    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, love the newspaper blanket;) Looks like very full, busy, but wonderful days, thanks for sharing them:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love M with the newspaper. Funny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow the kids have gotten so big since I last saw them. You sure stay busy, how's your mom doing? My boys are going back to public school this yr which really scares me so I know I will sure be on my knees alot more. Blessings, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are starting our homeschooling year as well! I think this year that we are going to school year round - 3 days a week. I did this in the beginning, and it worked so well - Im not sure why I ever switched it up!

    I saved the CLE to my bookmarks. Looks like something I might would buy a thing or two from. We use a blend of different things - no one set curriculum. We do a blend of Charlotte Mason/ Unschooling / and some workbooks. AmblesideOnline.org is my favorite homeschool website!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I home schooled for one year when my kids were in 5th and 7th grade. Hats off to you!!! I admire anybody that can keep that committment and teach their own kids. Your family is so blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the newspapers! The goats are too cute! Good luck with homeschooling this year. I am sure you will do a wonderful job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. glad schooling is going well...
    hope you all have a good rest of the week..
    hugs and blessing..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love to read about the bit going on in your life Katy - what a blessing to put insulation up on your home!
    Warm wishes, Tonya

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy