Thursday, August 12, 2010

My First Son

Seven years ago, God blessed me with my first son, Xavier.


I knew I was pregnant with a boy soon into the pregnancy. Pregnancy with him was much different than when I was pregnant with Madelyn. Labor and delivery was *very* different as well. Xavier was positioned sunny side up (aka: Posterior). It resulted in me having back labor. It was excruciating! Once I saw that chubby little face,though,...every ounce of pain was worth it. Although you can't tell now, X was born with the chubbiest cheeks. They were perfect for receiving kisses from Daddy, Mama and new-big-sister, Madelyn.

I am so thankful for this big-hearted, energetic gift from God. His life is a beautiful blessing. Although having a bit of a competitive spirit...this boy has a heart of gold. *If someone gets hurt or sick...he always wants to help.* He loves to laugh and giggle. He has a wonderful sense of humor. He plays hard and has a strong desire to be just like his Daddy.

So far today, we have had some homemade buttermilk pancakes for breakfast and the children have been busy playing. We just may take the day off, since it *is* X's birthday, from schooling. It has been raining for a lot of the morning. I hope it passes and dries up soon...for the children will be just aching to get outside and play, at some point, today. If it doesn't, movies, popcorn, games and reading will be the order for the day! :)

I started canning peaches last evening...and have lots more to do today...so that will keep *me* busy for parts of the day (in addition to housework that needs done). I am super happy that I expect to be able to be home *all day* today! Some weeks, it feels as though I hardly leave our little home...and then other times, it feels as though I am going-going-going. Ultimately, though, I am a real home-body. I feel that the only way to be the *keeper of the home*, that the Bible calls us women to, is to truly *be* home! :)

Thank you so much for visiting today and sharing with me in the joy of my second little love's birthday. I need to get going. The peaches won't skin, pit or can themselves. ;) (Wouldn't it be nice if they did?) I hope you have a great day!

Cheerfully,
Katy

Xavier and Mama in 2008

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee,
and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
~Numbers 6:24-26

13 comments:

  1. Happy 7th Birthday!! =D He is a cutie!

    I hope he really enjoys himself today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday X!!! Hope you have a great one! Katy those peaches sound delish! Blessings,Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Xavier! I hope you all have a great, fun day!
    Send me some of that rain, please! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Xavier!!!!!! Hope you have an awesome day, after all, you only turn 7 once;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday X! Enjoy your day. God made you special and you are loved so much by your family. You are blessed. You and momma have a sweet heart shaped faces. God's face turn to you and give you peace. Smiles, Angelia in TX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to X may you have many more happy ones. Enjoy your day with your momma and family.

    Katy, what a lucky lady you are for sure with your family.

    Enjoy canning those peaches your family will love them so when the snow is flying.

    Hugs,

    Anne F.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, Xavier! Wishing you many more happy years!

    I know what you mean about some weeks being on the go. That is how this week has been for me. As much as I love summer I am looking forward to fall and the routine that it brings. I tend to get stressed when I spend to much time from home.

    Enjoy your day at home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Xavier! Hope you have a great day and lots of cake to eat!! Take Care and God Bless!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 7th Birthday Xavier! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birth Day! I hope your day was X - citing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Greetings to Katy and Family! Happy birthday to X! I just found your blog yesterday... Would you believe that I read thru all of 2009 and almost 2010? I was writing recipes and ideas like crazy! Thanks for such a lovely blog and sharing your life. Farmer www.farmer-rosehillfarm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. My baby girl turned seven on the 17th. She too was sunny-side up. I too had HORRIBLE back labor. I too wouldn't trade any of it for my blessed baby girl.
    Happy Birthday, Xavier!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy