Monday, August 23, 2010

Many things to share!

Well, hello! How was your weekend? Although still having things to do, overall, it was a slower-paced weekend ~ which I am very thankful for. When busyness over-takes me, I can get easily overwhelmed. I need my quiet and peace, when I can get it. God knows me through and through and knows my every need. When I don't think I can keep-it-all-together, anymore, He supplies the much-needed moment of rest that my body craves. :)

One thing Madelyn and I *did* do, on Saturday, was attend a friend's baby shower. :) It was a lovely time and a wonderful celebration of her first child, due to arrive next month. I saw some old friends, who I haven't seen in a while. One of the things that I gifted to the mother-to-be was the little baby hat, I knitted, in the picture above! :)

I have been working on some other knitting projects, when time allows, and will be sure to share those with you soon.

Sunday, I received a few early birthday presents! My secret prayer sister from church left me a bag full of lovely goodies including homemade soaps, lip balm and a candle (pictured below). She also made me peanut butter pie (one of my favorites)!!


My sister was also in town and, since we probably won't see each other before my birthday, brought my gifts along with her! :) I was so excited to open the prim *window* below...

I hung it up, immediately. I found the right spot and I just love it! She also got me some yarn and a knitting *socks* book...as well as some recipe cards! :) She knows me well! I was also blessed to receive a few things from a friend and snail-mail pal of mine from Texas! Wow...blessings abound...it is so humbling and makes me feel so grateful for the people I have around me! :)

Our garden is still producing lots of corn...so guess what we have for dinner, quite often? ;)
(Look at Madelyn's little face of determination...that's the way to get those husks off!)

Chris has been working with some leather and making a sheath for his hunting knife. :) He loves to do things like that! I told him he should make me a leather bible cover...he told me he wants to start out small! ;)


White dishes in the corner...used tonight for a delicious supper of beef roast, mashed potatoes and green beans! :)

I've been keeping busy. I did a little rearranging in the living room. That table between the chairs actually houses my old Singer sewing machine. It folds right in. (The boys thought that was just *amazing*!)


Today was a bit cooler than usual and although rainy, I enjoyed every autumn-feel about it! I am so anxious for the fall weather and am so excited to see some of the trees already turning beautiful shades of red! :)

Hoping you are each enjoying your days...and moments. For in a blink, they are gone and we need to make the most of the life we have been given. Let that Light shine through you! :)
As always, thank you for the visit. It's always such a gift to read your comments and emails and get to *know* you, as well!

With a big, warm smile,
Katy :)

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee,
and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
~Numbers 6:24-26

12 comments:

  1. I know just how you feel about easily getting overwhelmed. I am exactly the same way! I always need peace and quite when I can get it. You do such a great job knitting! I would love to learn how to knit, but finding the extra time to sit and learn is hard to find in this season of my life with two young children. By the way, I LOVE your swing Chris was sitting in! Hope you have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because I've been having somewhat overwhelming days I've started knitting again. Relaxes me. :)

    Happy Birthday tomorrow! You deserve the very best day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that you were able to find some slower moments. I also get overwhelmed when life get overly busy. We are also having some cooler temps and I am loving it! Have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely gifts and it was so cool and breezy here today too, I just had to have the windows open a bit to let it all in:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful friends and family you are blessed with...I LOVE the lil window you got...great place for it. Happy Birthday tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Katy, That tiny little hat is darling! I'm your newest follower (-:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely gifts. The pictures of your home are always nice. you seem to have a way with decor. You should come and fix my house!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey ~ Just wanted to say, "Happy Birthday"!! Hope you have a special day too!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! :)

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi Katy,
    what beautiful gifts, what a blessing. Your husband reminds me a lot of my husband in how they both do many things with their hands and are so hardworking for their families. :-) Happy Birthday to you! What day is it? Mine is this thursday, the 26th! Hope you have a wonderful week.
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  11. So nice you received all the wonderful gifts. I am happy for you. Your little baby hat is so cute.I am enjoying the cooler weather myself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i so love your pics..you have such a nice home..
    love your hats also..I always just love seeing pic of your knitting..
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy