Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Lovely Day!

Today was a beautiful day, here in PA. Lots of sunshine and blue skies with a gentle breeze! It was absolutely wonderful and I enjoyed each moment of it! The children and I went out and about for a bit, this morning. I found some great items for use in our home. I took photos of a few of the things, to share with you! :)


A hanging basket...
A beautiful spot to hold measuring cups (able to be hung on the wall...but alas, I don't have a spot for it)...

Jars a-plenty (the first three on the left are ones the children have found while playing out in the dirt and such, on our property! The rest are ones I have found at thrift stores and such!)...

And a lovely brown jar with a handle! I haven't found a use for it, quite yet, but until I do it will be a nice addition to our dining room decor! :)


This evening, after a nice supper, Chris, the children and I all snuggled in to watch *The Chronicles of Narnia*. Oh how I love that movie...and as Aslan dies, my eyes well up with tears, remembering Christ's sacrifice for us. And then...when he comes *back* to life...oh the joy that fills my heart! I would love to see the next movie that is out next in the chronicles! As we watched the movie, I set out bowls of icecream and different types of toppings and everyone enjoyed picking out and putting on their own toppings.

Also while we watched, I finished knitting the second hat that I had mentioned about in THIS post. The girl I am making them for offered to pay me for them...but I won't take money. The pattern for them says that these cannot be made to profit from...and I will abide by those rules! :) They were fun to make and I hope that her twin baby girls enjoy them! :) The pink yarn was a bit bulkier than the purple...so it ended up a smidge bigger. Hopefully they both fit the girls...if not, I may need to try again! ;)


It's been a long day. Tomorrow, we go to worship the Lord in His house. I have a bit of a headache...and am hoping I am able to sleep it off and feel better in the morning! I have *so* many things on my mind and that I would love to share...but exhaustion has over-taken me and I need to retreat to my bed, for now. My best wishes to each of you...thank you for taking the time to visit. :)

With a joyful heart,
Katy :)

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee,
and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
~Numbers 6:24-26

7 comments:

  1. Sweet dreams...Hope your headache subsides. God bless!

    Amy <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your headache feels better soon and you have a restful evening. :-)
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those hats are too cute Katy, you do a wonderful job! I LOVE the brown jar and hanging basket, very unique! Hope you have a beautiful Sunday:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your headache feels better, it's a beautiful day here in Maryland too! Oh and I love your hats, they are too adorable!! Have a great day! :)

    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  5. The brown jar reminds of the containers my grandparents would store their homemade root beer in. Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, you found some gems! I managed to find a few at the second hand store this weekend. Ready for this Texas heat to go, and a bit of fall to come:)I love seeing your home, and all the things youve done to pretty it up:) Have a blessed sleep:)
    christina

    ReplyDelete
  7. love those hats..
    hope youre ok..
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy