Saturday, February 20, 2010

Around The House Pics

"Home, the spot of earth supremely blest,
A dearer, sweeter spot than all the rest."

~Robert Montgomery




I don't know about you...but I love to see pictures of people's homes. I love to see how others decorate! So I took a few pics around 'bout my house to share. I have done this before...but some things moved over time and *improved* in my opinion! ;)

Below is another angle of my kitchen. It reflects the ugly walls that need redone (when time and money are available)...so it's not a place I photograph much. But there is my chalkboard sign I got from Julie, that I wrote *Welcome* on! And you can also see my aprons I have hanging there! I had a couple candles lit through the day and evening...but you don't get the beautiful effect from them unless you turn the flash off...which then produces a bit of a blurry pic for me sometimes. (And...I am being completely real with my pics....see below in the drying rack, dishes drying! AND there are even a few things *in* the sink that need to be washed!!)


A shot of my dining room with a glance into the living room......

Below is another look into my dining room...notice my table is clear of all the taxes I was working on! Soo thrilled to have that done and they are all ready to mail out this coming week! You can also see a peek into the kitchen on the left...on my fridge I have a vinyl chalkboard decal from Back40Life!

HERE is a link to their blog and HERE is a link to their etsy store! They have some super cute stuff! I also have THIS decal to put up. I plan on putting it on the wall in my bedroom...but I need Chris's help and he's been busy! :)

And a quick looksee into my bathroom. First...the door....I love my *lil* BATH sign! :)

And then in the bathroom....for anyone newer to my blog and doesn't know already, I went with a Mary Engelbreit theme! :)

Anyhoo....not a huge tour...but just a fun look around. :) If you want to see other posts that include pics of my home...you can go HERE. It's small, it's not fancy. I just try to make it sweet and as comfortable as possible for all of us! If you have pics of your home posted...I would love to see them! Please let me know in a comment so I can pop over for a visit sometime soon! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)

"Home is home, be it ever so humble."
~Proverb

23 comments:

  1. Love, love, love your dining room table! And your aprons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love "peeking in" and seeing what other people's homes are like too. I don't think I have much pictures of our place yet. We rent so we can't paint the walls or add borders. The landlord painted everything white before we moved in, and I mean everything... it's pretty blah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics. As long as you and your family are happy and have good health, a house is just a house. It's how you make it a home for your loved ones and their happiness.

    Have a great day!

    Many blessings

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tour. :) Will dinner be ready soon? ;) and can I stay for dinner? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing, Katy! Your home is sooo inviting and comfy!!
    I see a RED polka dot apron hanging in the kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. your home pics are wonderful! I love the shelf that goes around the dining room! And your new chicken wire cabinet is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful home with us. I just loved every inch of it. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've done a great job in creating a warm and cozy home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do I like to see pictures of other people's homes? Oh girl, I was clicking on each of your pictures to enlarge them so I could look at everything.

    Thank you so much for sharing. I've gotten some ideas from you that I plan on doing in my own home!

    As for pics at my blog? Oh girl, not only pictures but videos, LOL..

    Just check under the Labels: House and Home, Corners of my Home, What You are Looking At....I'm off to check out the other pictures now..Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I forgot to mention, love your aprons. I too collect aprons. I've been meaning to tell you, I ADORE your kitchen counter top. Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  12. mine is a work in progress due to my much anticipated spring cleaning project. some things will be done MY way and some will be the way there is no way around.........★Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always love having a glimpse around your home. It seems so warm, country, and homey.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sherri -

    We are cut from the same cloth...I love homespun and country decorating and roosters are a favorite of mine. In fact, my daughter is helping me do a blog overhaul that features roosters in the header...we're currently living in a rental so I can't decorate the way I want to. My kitchen in my last house featured barn red walls, white cabinetry and ROOSTERS!

    I look forward to exploring more of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Katy! I do apologize! Please pardon my mistake earlier! I was listening to my girls have a conversation as I typed and they were discussing one of their friends who is named Sherri...so much for multitasking! I do hope you'll excuse me...

    ReplyDelete
  16. hehehehe....Chrissy..it's TOTALLY fine!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Katy! You have a beautiful home! I am still in love with your dining room table!! Thanks for the look around! I love it when anyone posts pics of their home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Katy, your home is very cozy & inviting. I love looking at other homes too.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have always loved your red kitchen! It just looks like such a cheery place to cook up some food. (Seriously, wouldn't it be so much fun if a bunch of us lived closer together where we could get together and bake and cook every now and then?? In your red kitchen? ;o) ) There are plenty of places/spots/rooms in my home that I would love to remodel, but I am with you on time and money...neither of those resources are in abundance here. But I, like you, am thankful for what all I've got!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely gorgeous! I felt like I was looking at pics of a bed and breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  21. you have a beautiful and cozy home..

    ReplyDelete
  22. YOur aprons look fab. I love your style, your home looks so warm and inviting xx

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy